Wednesday, November 3, 2010

A Visit from the Kids...

Enjoying a day at Pike's Place Market
I have enjoyed our move to Seattle and the opportunity for a new adventure.  Previously my husband worked for the airlines, so we had the luxury of traveling a lot, but we had never been to the Pacific Northwest.  I'm sure Seattle being at the northeastern tip on the map had something to do with it, but I was always curious about this part of the country.  Having moved from the desert country of Salt Lake City, it has been a fun change living within walking distance to a lighthouse, ferries, a lot of marine life, especially the seals and whales, although I do miss the Utah snow, at times.  Almost every time we visit the beach it involves a seal sighting.  As much as I am enjoying Seattle, the hardest part of the move has been leaving my older kids and family behind.  My older kids are in college with extremely busy schedules, so it probably doesn't affect them as much, but I miss them terribly.  So, when I had a chance to have both of them out recently for a visit, needless to say I was in heaven and savored every minute of it.




Could spend hours watching the ships pass through the Lochs

No Seattle Trip is complete without a visit to see the Troll

 
Every family needs a bike like this!

Love to wave and watch the cruise ships embark

Seattle's City Line - Beautiful, especially at night
 

This band was really good.  Hope they get discovered soon.


Thankful for good brakes on the Ferry rides

A taste of our Danish Heritage in Poulsbo



Making their MaMa Proud










Looking forward to our next visit!

1 comment:

  1. I've never been there but it looks so beautiful! I want to!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is always appreciated.