Friday, November 12, 2010

This Old House - Mommy Madness Friday Blog Hop




Our theme of the week is: 

Show Off Your House

It can be a picture of your house, a room or just a decoration you really like.

If you don't have a picture then just share a story.

(As a general rule, please follow everyone back that follows you)

Want to join in on the fun this week?

To Join Us -

1. Become a follower of the 3 hosts (first three listed) - Life with the Lebedas, Call Me Laura Jane and Mommy Moment and if you like, I would love it if you followed me as well. 

**We all follow back - just leave a comment so we know your following from the hop**

2. Grab our Mommy Madness button and add it to a blog post with your picture or story.

3. Link up to your blog and Start hoppin'!

(Blog link only - no giveaways or others, those will be deleted)

______________________________

I'm really excited about this weeks theme.  I have a strong passion for old houses and remodeling.  I watch "This Old House" and "HGTV" like a a soap addict.  In fact I have my daughter hooked.  We watch HGTV and boo and hiss the bad remodels and applaud the jobs well done.  The pictures below are of a home we spent over 5 years restoring back to its original luster.  This house contains a lot of our blood, sweat and tears.  Before we came along, it had been horribly neglected.  It had been through some frightening remodels, especially in the 60's and 70's.  It had been turned into a boarding house and had 10 bedrooms when we purchased it.  It sat on the market for years.  No one dared take on this project.  Call it vision or stupidity, but we saw the potential of this 1909 victorian.  Due to its neglect, almost everything is new, inside and out, but we did our best to keep the original charm.  During the remodels we found a lot of old newspapers in the walls.  We left a few and added our own time capsules before the finishing touches.  We have since sold this home, and moved on to another old house remodel, which I am also quite proud of.  The itch is starting again, so we'lll see what is in store for us next. 

  ~  Katie










_______________________________________________


9 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful home!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you back :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That house is amazing! You did such a great job! I could have never sold it! I'm anxious to see your next subject! lol..

    Great linky btw!

    I have added your blog to the Over 40 Bloggers list!!

    Thanks for joining the party!

    Hope you get lots of followers from it!

    Be sure to come by on Sunday for the Meet Me On Monday Blog Hop!

    Have a great weekend!!

    PS: I wanted to grab your button but I didn't see the code for it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your house is amazing! You did an awesome job with your remodel. I really love going through the small remodels we've taken/are taking on but it can be so expensive. It's absolutely beautiful! I love all the rooms but i think my favorite is the kitchen. Thank You for sharing. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your house is beautiful!!! My 7 year old daughter asked if this is our house...I said does it look like it? She said maybe that's the castle we can move in to. :-)

    Thank you for stopping by and following me. I am now a follower of yours too. I posted one of my links and then went back and re-read the post for showing off your house. Now is not a really good time for me to post picture's of our house. You can delete the link if you want since I didn't follow the rules. I'm not putting the link to my other blog up.

    Have a great weekend!

    Jodi
    http://amomhavingfun.blogspot.com
    http://www.jodishomebiz.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I would Love Love Love to have this house it looksa like my Dream House all I would add if it did not have one is a wondow seat and a wrap around porch if possible.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am going to bed soon, but decided to stop. I will be adding a blog, yes and...about my improvisation workshop. don't miss it.
    tired. I am here from the OSM blog hop, what fun. I'll be back up soon rested... hopefully, yes and....

    carole

    ReplyDelete
  7. Im still hopping form the OSM hop. I love the look of your blog!

    WOW! What an awesome home, you did a marvelous job of decorating, my favorite part are the wood floors. And the bedroom upstairs is great.

    Happy Holiday!
    I'm following! http://christmasgiftshops.blogspot.com/
    http://ohmyheartsie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow Katie no wonder you miss your home, beautiful . You guys did a great job love it, you need to come over for a few ideas,,,,i just love the bathroom :) Bless Jane

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for leaving a comment. Your feedback is always appreciated.